Climate & Water Tools & Resources for Informed Agricultural Decisions
As we prepare for another agricultural season and make plans for surviving future droughts and El Ninos, we would like to invite you to a workshop focusing on agriculture, climate and water Tools and Resources for Informed Decisions. We will cover climate change, water resources and agriculture.
We will have a networking lunch and an exciting list of speakers and opportunities for open discussion with colleagues, including:
- Dr. Sam Sandoval Solis on Climate change impacts on California water resources and UC ANR initiatives
- Jerald Meadows on Weather and Climate Interface: A look at the National Weather Service's tools for climate decision making
- Michelle Selmon on Communicating climate change to water managers
- Kerri Steenwerth on COMET-Farm for specialty crops in California
- Armando Quintero on Update on the Water Storage Improvement Plan and the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act
- Kripa Jagannathan on Growers' climate information needs for long-term decisions: A case study on almond growers
Join us in the Crescent Arch Room for a half day workshop. Parking available.
University of California, Merced
Center for Climate Change Communication
UC Cooperative Extension
UC Water Security and Sustainability Research Initiative
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Please see the UC Merced Parking Map for options. The closest lots to the Crescent Arch Room are:
- Lake Lot
- Lake Lot 2
- Evolution Valley
- Little Lake Lot
You can purchase a parking permit at little yellow parking dispensers.
Where is the Crescent Room?
It is the dark green building marked with #1 in the drawing below. If you come to UC Merced, go to The Summits.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Thursday, May 12, 2016 from 12:00 PM to 4:15 PM (PDT) - Add to Calendar
Crescent Arch Room - UC Merced, Merced, CA - California 95343 - View Map